Investigating and Resolving Harassment and Discrimination Complaints in California: A Two-Part Webinar Series
Register at: www.eventbrite.com/e/179572384837
Part 1: Best Practices for Conducting Internal Workplace Investigations
Date: November 10, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Cost : $50
Approved for two hours MCLE; completion certificate provided for HR credit.
- Branden Butler, Assistant Deputy Director of Education and Outreach, DFEH
- Kanitra Lopez, Legal Compliance Officer, Elk Grove USD
- Rhonda Nelson, Chairperson, Employment Practices Group, Severson & Werson
- Featuring in role play Margaret Grover, Mediator and Investigator, Grover Workplace Solutions
- Moderator: Andrea Kelly Smethurst, Workplace Investigator and Expert
Panelists will review best practices, DFEH tools and resources, and highlight what the DFEH and employment counsel look for when reviewing internal investigations.
Includes role-play to highlight how to ensure the investigator is culturally competent, issue identification, and making findings and recommendations.
Part 2: Navigating the DFEH’s Complaint and Administrative Process
Date: December 9, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Approved for one hour MCLE; completion certificate provided for HR credit.
- Annmarie Billotti, Chief of Dispute Resolution, DFEH
- Adam Pressman, Associate General Counsel, Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Shaye Schrick, Partner, Delfino Madden LLP
- Moderator: James Wu, Of Counsel, Quarles & Brady LLP
Panelists will discuss best practices for responding to administrative charges, including tips on drafting employer position statements, and using the DFEH’s dispute resolution and mediation process.