Mark Kenney is a leader of his Firm, a master trial lawyer and strategist and a sought-after speaker. But he prizes above all the simple title, “Counselor.”
Mr. Kenney is a rare lawyer – just as likely to provide pro-bono counsel to the underserved as he is to lead trial teams in enterprise-stakes cases or provide strategic guidance to an innovative startup. General Counsel and CEO’s alike regularly turn to Mark for his judgment and skill, honed in courtrooms throughout the U.S.
Mr. Kenney specializes in civil trial practice, dispute resolution and business counseling, as well as federal and state civil law enforcement matters. He is a frequent lecturer on complex trial practice and government regulation, legal ethics, and emerging trends and issues.
Mark has been inducted as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a highly selective and diverse honorary society of trial lawyers composed of less than one half of one percent of all American lawyers. He serves as General Counsel to the Law Committee of the American Financial Services Association – the nation’s largest trade association of market-funded lenders – and has received that Association’s Distinguished Service Award.
Areas of Practice
- New York University, Root-Tilden Scholar/Moot Court Champion, J.D., 1978
- University of San Francisco, Valedictorian, B.A., Philosophy, 1975
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- IP Litigation & Trials
- Civil Enforcement Claims
- State Bar/Malpractice Defense
- Auto Finance Litigation
- Class Action Trial Wins
- Defending Reputation and Recovering Assets
- Advocacy for the Underserved
- Banking Fraud Disaster Recovery
- Trial Victory for PNC Bank in Commercial Case
- Severson Settles Multi-Project Dispute for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Syndicator
- “Lender Liability” Damage Claims by a Failed Auto Dealer Group
- Severson’s Cybersecurity/Data Breach team offers rapid response to Equifax breaches with call-ins and Webinars for clients throughout U.S.
- Mark J. Kenney Featured in Key Discussion: “Drawing The Line- Fairness and Banking” at 2015 Nomis Solutions Forum
- Mark Kenney Featured Attorney at AFSA National Auto Finance Conference