Owen champions his clients’ interests with strong advocacy and creative solutions. He’s responsive to each client’s specific needs, and his resourceful approach to litigation and counseling leads to strong, satisfying results.
Owen primarily represents banks and other financial service providers in consumer litigation. While most of his clients are large institutions, Owen believes that each case is important, and he likes working with his in-house teams to provide the best possible outcomes in every case.
Owen handles all aspects of litigation leading to trial, but always with an eye toward resolving cases through pre-trial motion or settlement. Keeping in mind the big picture of the client’s objectives and what’s really motivating the other side is vital to reaching successful outcomes in hard-to-resolve cases. Owen also counsels clients on compliance issues, especially in the area of mortgage loan servicing.
In addition to financial services, Owen has experience with personal injury and general business litigation.
Outside the office, Owen enjoys helping his kids with their homework, attending their sporting events, volunteering at their school, hiking and playing soccer with them, and running.
Areas of Practice
- Ave Maria School of Law, J.D., cum laude 2003
- University of San Francisco, B.A., cum laude 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- What have been important changes in the law with respect to how loan servicers handle borrower dispute correspondence?
- What are some distinct loss mitigation issues laws that loan servicers doing business in California?
- With the recent rise in loan service transfers recently, what are some key issues/regulations loan servicers doing business in California consider to minimize potential litigation risks?