David gets “it”. He is a tenacious litigator that immediately adds value to his clients by creatively and efficiently navigating complex matters.
Since joining Severson and Werson in 2012, David has worked diligently in the Firm’s financial services space honing his skills as a commercial litigator. While David has a significant background in a number of different areas including mortgage litigation, TCPA, FDCPA, and banking operations, he has developed a unique expertise as one of the Firm’s “go-to” attorneys in claims involving credit reporting brought against the Firm’s banking clients. David now has the tools to analyze this extremely technical and burdensome field. Recently, David has also gained significant experience in various areas of trial preparation.
David has been named to Southern California’s Rising Star List in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Before Severson, David was an associate at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard Smith L.L.P. (Los Angeles), Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P. (Los Angeles), and Blank Rome L.L.P. (Los Angeles).
David earned his law degree from Loyola Law School of Los Angeles in 2008. He received his M.B.A from Loyola Marymount University in 2009, and his B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA in 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Loyola Marymount University, MBA, 2009
- Loyola Law School of Los Angeles, J.D., 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Consumer Finance Posts
- District Court (Cal.) Finds FCRA Employment Class Action Could Not Withstand Spokeo Scrutiny
- 9th Cir. Affirms Judgment Against FCRA Plaintiff Based on Commercial Losses
- 9th Cir. Finds that CRA Accurately Reported Short-Sales Despite Interpretational Error by End-User
- District Court (Fla.) Says Common Law Negligence Defenses Apply to Negligent Violation of the FCRA
- District Court (Pa.) Holds That There Is Almost No SofL for FCRA Claims; Consumer Can Create New Cause of Action for Time-barred Claim by Just Making a New Dispute and, Even Then, Claim is Tolled Until Consumer Discovers that the Furnisher’s Reinvestigation Was Unreasonable
- Severson News
- Severson News – Fall 2015
- Severson Team Assists Industry Group on How to Build a Data Privacy Program and Comply with the CCPA
- Severson & Werson Joins Ford Motor Company’s Legal Alliance for Women in a Global Day of Service
- Kristin Walker-Probst, Scott Hyman, and David Berkley Presented on Current Developments in Automobile Finance at the CFSA’s 77th Annual Conference, Palm Springs, CA